Yesterday so happened to be an eventful day..I baked..the entire day to get ready for a tasting and a cheesecake order for this weekend. Here are some of the results!
- First up, bunny cupcake attempt numero uno. Successful but I didn’t have the sprinkles for the face so I used icing and it was difficult! I needed chocolate sprinkles for whiskers too!! So this weekend it’ll be ready full face and all!
- Second, dedicated to my ninang–because one of my fondest memories from my childhood was (of course food cuz i was a fat kid.) her crinkles-chocolate cookies..soft and chewy baked with powdered sugaaa!!!! For some reason I can’t get them to stay round and not flat (might be the flour) but they were good anyways! My dad approved and he usually doesn’t like sweets (: so just waiting for feedback from the ninang(godmother) and lola(grandma). recipe from http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chocolate-crinkles/941e22b3-9a48-4fb1-bdb0-27479e76d484
- Up next (i actually made red velvet from scratch but you’ll see the outcome later :) so I moved on to Lengua de Gato, yes cat’s tongue in english, but it’s like madelines or ladyfingers but with a crunch. Filipino recipe from http://kusinanimanang.blogspot.com/2009/10/lengua-de-gato-cats-tongue.html I can’t wait to give these to my fam :) they turned out really good and addicting hehehe. the batter and shaping them with a decorating bag took the most time because they only bake (depending on how thick) for like 6 minutes a batch.
- Now my favorite. I made cheesecake a couple days ago and waited to shape them because I wanted to make sure it was firm enough to make cake balls and the technique is to break up the cheesecake and with really clean hands of course, roll them until they are mushed smoothly together with no cracks and no break ups.
- So at the end of the day this is what was left of the crinkles..